Sunday, June 6, 2010

Meet the Seniors: Brittany Parker

Brittany Parker
Hometown: St. Louis, Missouri
Major: Psychology
Minor: Business, Sociology
Dream Job: High School guidance counselor in the Rockwood school district

Past DG Involvement
Freshman year: Homecoming Fling dancer, Greek Week Fling dancer, Director of Social Awareness
Sophomore year: Homecoming/RAMS/Greek Week Fling dance director, dancer
Junior year: Homecoming Fling dancer, Greek Week Fling dancer
Senior year: Recruitment party day chair, Homecoming Fling dancer, Greek Week director/dancer

Other Group Affiliations
Worked at Pacific Beach tanning salon
Research Assistant in the Personality Lab for Dr. Laura King
Avid gym "goer"

Describe yourself before college
Involved, caring, young, clueless, weird
Describe yourself now
Motivated, caring, approachable, mature...and let's be honest, I'm still weird.

FAST FAVORITES
Year in College: Socially...freshman year (no worries); school wise... senior (I'm in classes that actually interest me and I enjoy.)
Class: Social Psychology
DG Lunch: Taco Bar
DG Dinner: DG's dinner rolls!! And all of the desserts... I looooveeee dessert.
Location within DG: "The Office", aka, the smallest 3-man room in the whole house, but also the best.
DG RAMS Performance: Legally Blonde
Spring Break Experience: Panama City Beach '07 - I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Mono the DAY before we left...so I didn't get to go. But seriously, probably Playa Del Carmen junior year, but senior spring break in Las Vegas will top them all!

QUICK QUESTIONS
1) Imagine you didn't have DG in your life.. describe your personality/life.
"If I weren't in DG, I don't know who I would be hanging out with or what I would be doing with my life. I probably wouldn't have danced every again after graduating high school, and wouldn't have made some of the best friends that I didn't even know could exist. My dorm situation wasn't the best freshman year, and if it weren't for DG, I would have never even met most of these girls. Also, I have always been a weird girl, (in a good way of course), but I definitely would be much more normal now if I didn't hang out with these women all throughout college. I wouldn't have brought out my true self and that part of me probably would have vanished. (So, yeah, I am thanking all of you who helped me keep this great attribute! Haha.)
2) What about DG will you miss the most?
"I will miss living so close to everyone!!! I'll miss seeing DG letters everywhere I go, too. I seriously cannot walk three steps without seeing someone representing DG on their clothing... I'll miss that."

TO THE 2006 PLEDGE CLASS
"I love every single one of you, and I thank you for making my life so much more meaningful. Thanks for being great friends and true sisters! ITB, pledge class '06... RMD!!!!!"

No comments: