Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Meet the Seniors: Cassie May


Cassie May

Hometown: San Diego, California
Major: Journalism (Magazine)
Dream Job: Having a major influence in the entertainment/publishing world 
Twitter/Website: @cassielynnmay/ www.cassielynnmay.com

Past DG Involvement
Blog Contributor (2008-2010)
Director of Public Relations (2008-09)
Bid Day Planner(2008)
Formal Recruitment "Dungeon Girl" (2008)
VP Member Education (2007-08)
RAMS Lip-Syncer (2008)
Pomp Liaison, Homecoming (2007)
New Member Mentor (2007)
Soccer (2006-08)

Other Group Affiliations
George C. Brooks Scholar
Mizzou J-School New York Program
Designer for VOX Magazine, Columbia
Editorial Intern at M Magazine, NYC
1st Place, SSND College News Design Contest

FAST FAVORITES
Year in College: Junior
Class/Teacher: Advanced Magazine Design Capstone w/ Jan Colbert
Experience Outside of DG: Spending last summer interning in NYC
DG Lunch: I looooove the salad bar with all of my heart
DG Dessert: Um...whatever that 18-layer strawberry cake thing was
Location within DG: Annex
DG Fling Performance: Greek Week 2008... that Inspector Gadget performance was insane
DG RAMS Performance: Legally Blonde
Spring Break Experience: The craziness that happened in PCB both freshman & sophomore year

QUICK QUESTIONS
1) Imagine you didn't have DG in your life.. describe your personality/life.
"This is embarrassing, but I'd probably be living in small town Missouri with my underwhelming ex-boyfriend, wondering "what if" for the rest of my life."
2) What about DG will you miss the most?
"Uh...unfortunately, everything. DG made my college experience the most amazing time of my life, and it's going to be incredibly difficult making new memories & relationships that will compare. The girls that I've come to love with all of my heart are so incredibly beautiful, inside and out, and I am just so sad to have to say goodbye to them."

TO THE 2006 PLEDGE CLASS
"We managed to be far more obsessed with each other than any other pledge class probably ever has or ever will...and I wouldn't have it any other way. RMD, I love you all." 

No comments: