Saturday, July 3, 2010

Meet the Seniors: Mamie Van Emon

Mamie Van Emon
Hometown: Chesterfield, Missouri
Major: Nursing
Dream Job: Nurse anesthetist and traveling to underprivileged countries to provide medical care

Past DG Involvement
Skit
New Member Mentor
Spirit Crew
DG Sports: flag football, soccer & basketball

Other Group Affiliations
Student Nursing Association
Veritas
Fellowship of Christian Nurses
Worked at Sunrise Assisted Living Facility w/ dementia patients

Describe yourself before college
Dependent, smart, outgoing, impatient, immature
Describe yourself now
Confident, honest, reliable, independent, intelligent

FAST FAVORITES
Year in College: Sophomore year
Class/Teacher: Nursing Methods I and II with Nicole Bartow
Experience Outside of DG: Traveling to Nicaragua for medical mission trips
DG Lunch: Chicken tenders & mac and cheese
DG Dessert: I love, love, love the chocolate chunk cookies!!
Location within DG: Annex basement!
DG Fling Performance: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!
DG RAMS Performance: Legally Blonde
Spring Break Experience: PCB, FL!

QUICK QUESTIONS
1) Imagine you didn't have DG in your life.. describe your personality/life.
"I would probably not know nearly as many people, nor have hardly any of the experiences, both learning and fun, that I have had because of DG. I would probably be too shy to want to be involved in anything, so I would just sit at home and hope that I meet people at school or that my roommates would want to hang out."
2) What about DG will you miss the most?
"I will miss all of the advice that I could get from all of the sisters that I had never had in my life until college! And I will definitely miss the trips, sharing closets, helping with hair and makeup, and all of the stories."

TO THE 2006 PLEDGE CLASS
"After all we have been through, good and bad, I can truly say that I would not be who I am today without each and every one of you. I have been blessed to know you, and am privileged to have gotten the opportunity to spend time with all of you these past four years. Thank you all for being there for me through thick & thin, and forgiving me when I failed to reach expectations. I do not know what I would have done without you all. Stay in contact, and don't forget about me as you travel and get jobs! I love you all!!! ITB."

No comments: